Tuesday 17 July 2012

Office 2013 unveiled

So Microsoft have just shown off their latest version of office, colour me intrigued!

I skipped over Office 2010 as I already had 2007 and didn't feel like paying for a few cosmetic tweaks. 2013 looks to be something different though! A brand new approach to delivery of the content (subscription and cloud based services) ,tighter integration with the Windows look and feel (in this case, Metro. This is a good thing as Office has always beaten its own drum and stuck out from a conventional Windows application), social features built in as well as making it easier than ever to avoid hideous Power point presentations!

I will definitely be upgrading come its release.

For a more detailed breakdown, I recommend this article from Arstechnica.

No comments:

Post a Comment